5 Keys to Leading from Heart Consciousness
I believe that every person is a leader, regardless of title, rank or position. You are certainly a leader of your life, within your family, and among colleagues and peers, if not formally in your role at work. And there comes a time in a leader’s life when they must ask themselves, “Am I leading from the highest possible consciousness level?”
As we evolve into a more awakened species (yes, believe it or not, we are on track with this!), we are experiencing even greater polarity between the light and the dark consciousness on the planet. It’s not that there is necessarily more war, violence, terror and evil than at other times in history, it’s that we have more contrast now, and more instant media exposure.
So what’s a leader to do?
Practice more Heart Conscious Leadership.
I firmly believe one of the best ways to make a positive contribution in the world is to evolve yourself. As the famous quote goes, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” As you grow, learn, transmute and transform, you become a model for others to do the same… you call others forth into the next best version of themselves. And you are creating an energetic ripple, like a pebble in a pond, which emanates to others you may not even come into contact with. As you grow yourself personally and professionally, you are raising the collective energetic… it’s quantum physics.
Heart-conscious leadership is connecting, perceiving and making decisions from the heart, rather than solely from the mind.
Leading from heart consciousness results in being more centred in one’s own skin (and truth), a feeling of being more fulfilled, and a greater connection with oneself and world.
Here are 5 ways to lead from heart consciousness:
- Inner Alignment. You are aware of your deepest drivers of behaviour: your core values, beliefs and needs, and you honour those essential drivers by taking action that is aligned with them. Your choices, decisions, and words reflect your values and beliefs to those around you. When you are aligned and congruent, you model your values to your friends and colleagues through your behaviour.
- Serving the Common Good. Competition, scarcity and lack are aspects of fear-based consciousness. Your efforts are focused on cooperation. You see the win-win-win solutions and work to create more balance and harmony between people and between humanity and nature. When you’re focused on the common good, you recognize that there is enough for everyone when the resources are distributed in a more balanced way. You engage in initiatives that impact the good of all, rather than being beneficial to the few.
- Trusting the Flow of Life. You operate with an underlying trust and empowerment that allows you to be at ease with uncertainty. You have developed strong mental and emotional health, so that you’re not easily ruffled by unexpected events. You know how to control your thinking so that in a crisis, you avoid being overcome by negative thoughts or feelings. You have nurtured a faith in yourself and in life so that lead with joy, purpose and grace, no matter what arises.
- Connecting to Inspire. You are able to genuinely engage with anyone, building relationships and deepening trust. You adapt your communication approach to match the preferred learning style of the other person, which results in inspiring, compelling and persuasive conversations. Heart-Conscious Leaders use their advanced connection skills to build cohesive teams and inspire others to join the cause.
- Collaborating and co-creating. As a Heart-Conscious Leader, you build networks based on shared values and triad relationships. Connecting people based on shared interests, missions and values, you recognize that your mission is too large to accomplish alone, and that the strongest teams and communities are based on the three-legged extended net. The triad net, the strongest, most powerful human system, has very little, if any, hierarchy.
We are living in chaotic and disturbing times, and what’s being called for now is for us to step up and into the next best leadership consciousness possible. It is time for Heart-Conscious Leadership.
Until next time,