How to Know if your Stuck
How do you know if you’re stuck? In our hyper-active, multi-tasking society, it can be difficult to find an accurate barometer for ‘stuck’. What could be considered a slower pace today, might have been overdrive a generation ago.
First let’s get clear on how NOT to know if you’re stuck.
Don’t try to figure out if you stuck by…
…comparing your progress to that of other people
…measuring yourself against what society says you should be accomplishing
…considering what your friends and loved ones say you should be doing
We live in the age of everyone knows best, but when it comes to determining if you’re stuck, only you will know.
It’s time to tune in to the wisdom within you. Take a deep breath and bring your attention into your centre. Notice what emotions you are feeling. And keeping your focus there, read on.
Here are some of the common signs that indicate you’re stuck.
- You’ve lost your joy. There’s a dark cloud that’s set in and you’re unable to find your enthusiasm for life and your passions no longer spark you.
- You are not taking action. You are either doing absolutely nothing or you are distracting yourself from the right action with unproductive activity. Exception: If you are on vacation or sabbatical or a much-needed rest, then lack of action is not a sign of stuckness.
- Everything feels hard. It seems that everything is a struggle and you feel blocked at every turn.
- You keep getting the same (unwanted) results. You are taking action, but it’s not producing the desired result.
- Your outlook has turned negative. You’re feeling overwhelmed, drained, despair and/or you want to give up.
- Your belief in yourself is waning. Your confidence has taken a hit and you’re unsure what you’re capable of anymore.
If after considering all this you’re pretty sure you’re stuck, then you might like my complimentary From Stuck to Momentum Guide available here.
Congratulations! You’ve determined whether or not you are stuck and can now take action appropriately. Either get some new resources if you’re stuck, or keep on keeping on if you’re not!
Until next time, be free… and wild!